Who’s Rob you ask? For those who know, no explanation is needed; for those who do not, none will do. It doesn’t matter; it’s all about what’s in the bottle.
So what’s in the bottle? Well, we call it a very balanced “American Style” gin.
All too often Gins can either be too dry and piney, or too floral, so we distill our gin in two different batches, one with just Juniper and one with a mixture of unique botanicals. A percentage of these juniper berries have been hand picked from the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, which provides a greener, less pungent flavor than other juniper berries. The all-organic botanicals have been selected in specific quantities to blend well with fun flavors that Rob has encountered from his travels around the world and a respect for the long tradition of Gin distillation. The result of the 2-distillation process is a balanced gin like no other.
Notes on some of the Botanicals:
- Standard Gin Botanicals include
- Juniper of course
- Orris Root
- Orange Peel
- Non-Standard Botanicals include
- Kaffir Lime Leaf
- Unicorn Tears
- Pure Rocky Mountain Spring water is used to cut this product before bottling.
- When asked how many times this product is distilled it is not applicable to this product. We start by using NEUTRAL grain spirits that have ultimately no character and build the product on top of it. It can be equated to a painter that paints on a white canvas vs. a brown canvas. The alcohol is the canvas and the botanicals are the paint.
- Neutral Grain Spirits are used as the base of Rob’s MTN Gin insuring a gluten free and GMO- free product.
- Rob Masters, the creator and brand owner is a founding board member of the Colorado Distillers Guild and currently sits as President.